Warehouse Team Leader .
Penguin Random House UK applies its passion for publishing the best books with an enormous wealth of experience, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit. Publishing more than 3,500 new titles a year, Penguin Random House UK boasts a show-stopping portfolio of authors and brands. With extraordinary shared resource, Penguin Random House UK is able to provide the very best service for its authors, customers, readers and colleagues at a truly exciting and innovative time for publishing.
Position: Warehouse Team Leader
Location: Grantham, Lincolnshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (6am-2pm, 8am - 4pm, 2pm-10pm)
About the role:
We are looking to recruit someone who is passionate about providing great leadership to the Warehouse Operation, to join our Warehouse Team Leaders. As a Warehouse Team Leader you will be responsible for the day to day running of any operational area within the Warehouse, achieving agreed targets and tasks through the effective management of a team of Warehouse Operatives, by utilising Warehouse systems and processes.
- Plans and prioritise daily and weekly tasks, activities and processes, distributing workload and ensuring that all employees have sufficient tools and resources in order to meet daily team targets and requirements.
- Manages a team on a daily and weekly basis, including planning the labour resources, setting goals and targets, organising required skills and motivating the team to ensure that it is operating at its maximum performance.
- Ensure that all site health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to in order to maintain a safe working environment for all staff
- Engage and motivate all members of the Warehouse Team through regular team briefings, group and individual meetings, and manage daily handovers to next shift Warehouse Team Leader and Duty Managers
- Proven experience of managing and developing a mid-large sized team
- Good knowledge and understanding of Production/Material Control and Supply Chain Processes, techniques and systems
- Strong planning and scheduling skills, with the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Proven people management and communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to ensure timely completion of work
- PC Literate, experience with MS Office software programmes
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- IOSH trained
- Qualification in Continuous Improvement
You may have experience of the following: Warehouse Team Leader, Shift Supervisor, Distribution, Warehousing, Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehouse Supervisor, Shift Team Leader, Depot Supervisor, Warehouse Management etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.