Staff Writer / Assistant Editor .
eyeforpharma provides a hub for senior-level pharma executives, patient advocacy groups and other health experts to exchange ideas and stay up-to-date with shifting trends and practices. They provide commentary, events, reports, and other valuable expert-driven content. They want to facilitate positive change through discussion and debate, enable dialogue and drive the positive benefits that pharmaceuticals can offer.
Position: Staff Writer & Assistant Editor
Location: Shoreditch, London office
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000 per annum
About the role:
Based in their Shoreditch, London office, the role will be split equally between writing articles and editing / managing / promotional activities.
- Writing 5-6 pieces per month
- Commissioning additional articles from a team of external freelancers
- Managing external freelancers
- Sub-editing articles prior to publication for accuracy and quality
- Uploading all articles to their website, sourcing images, etc
- Posting social media updates
- Maintaining a busy editorial calendar
- Liaise with colleagues to decide upcoming content
- Attending occasional conferences and face-to-face interviews
- Working with internal team for article ideas and support
- Liaising with Editor on overall direction, style, tone and creation of ‘campaigns’
- Keeping abreast of industry developments and being an active contributor to other areas
The ideal candidate will show the ability to produce a range of article types (news, interviews, features, etc.) and be comfortable sub-editing other writer's work for accuracy and quality. They will demonstrate good organisations skills and an ability to hit deadlines.
You may have experience of the following: Journalist, Technical Writer, Copywriter, Content Manager, PR, Sub-Editor, Press Officer, Technical Author, Editor, Engineer, Marketing, Freelance Copywriter etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.