Software Developer .
BMT Asset Performance Ltd is a leading specialist engineering consultancy helping clients to achieve improved business performance by managing risk and optimising the design, support and cost-effectiveness of systems throughout the life cycle. In support of their continuing growth, they are seeking additional Consultant level staff to support their activities in Software Development primarily for the Defence sector.
Position: Software Developer
Location: Fareham, Hampshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits
Benefits: Contributory pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days holiday, Company Profit Share and Group Wide Profit Share, plus other benefits. Contractor staff will be offered market leading day rates.
About the Role:
The role will involve developing new software products and services as well as maintaining and improving their existing portfolio, including their RAMtr@ck Performance Measurement & Asset Management Information Service.
- Working with their customers and consultants from a range of disciplines to develop and define User Requirements
- Contributing to system design and architecture
- Writing and documenting quality code
- Developing test scripts and documenting test results
- Fault-finding / bug fixing
- Ongoing maintenance and support of systems once they are up and running
- Presenting ideas for system improvements and upgrades
- A background in computing / programming
- Database design using Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding of object-oriented programming
- Willing and able to learn new programming skills, languages and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eligible for UK security clearance
Experience of using the following software / toolsets is desirable:
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- ASP. Net
- Mobile application development experience
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.