Job Type: Divisional Health and Safety Advisor
Location: North West
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, we have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of our workforce and strong design and technical capacity. Our values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything we do.
We are currently looking to recruit a Divisional Health and Safety Advisor to support the NG Bailey Engineering Division.
Within this role you will support the Divisional Health and Safety Manager in providing pro-active leadership on all Health and Safety issues and promote an enthusiastic and positive commitment and approach to continuous improvement of both Divisional and overall Group Health and Safety performance.
As such part of this role will also require you to support the division with the application and maintenance of our “industry leading” OHSAS 18001 (moving to 45001) accredited Occupational Health and Safety management system.
The Responsibilities .
- Provide appropriate health and safety leadership and ensure that the “Safety First and Foremost” message is visible and alive throughout all activities
- Offer guidance to employees at all levels in the execution of the health and safety policy in their duties, providing support and guidance on any health and safety matters causing concern.
- Regular visits to project sites to assess and review work practises and ensure compliance with NG Bailey Management systems.
- Exercise the necessary authority to halt work where necessary to prevent potential Health and Safety risks or legislative breaches from occurring.
- Support divisional projects through planned and unplanned workplace inspections including office locations to ensure compliance with the company’s health and safety policies and procedures. As part of these inspections you’ll offer timely recommendations for improvements.
- Liaise closely with the Project Managers and where applicable Sub-Contractors to ensure highest standards of workplace health and safety are being maintained.
- Monitor and review any accidents, incidents or “near miss” reports to ensure investigations are completed, lessons learned and any corrective actions are undertaken to prevent reoccurrence
- Provide support and guidance with external audits or accreditation schemes (i.e. CHAS / Achilles etc.)
- Support with production of regular, accurate Health and Safety performance reports and assistance in preparation and issue of alerts and communications to the business.
- Early engagement with work winning teams to ensure bids and tenders include relevant and up to date health and safety information.
You will have good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and an understanding of “Best Practice” as well as being familiar with OHSAS 18001 (moving to 45001) based Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
You will be able to demonstrate good report writing and IT skills and be an affective communicator.
It is likely that you will have previous experience of the Engineering / Construction Sector and working with Project Teams.
You must currently hold a NEBOSH general or NEBOSH construction certificate and hold the Tech.IOSH membership grade.
Rewards, Training & Benefits
You can look forward to a competitive salary, company car, private healthcare generous holiday entitlement, market leading pension scheme and a range of other benefits.
You can look forward to joining a passionate and determined team and be assured of measurable career progression and ongoing investment in your development.
NG Bailey is an equal opportunities employer.