Food Service Assistant .
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK under the SPAR fascia with over 600 independent retailers plus over 300 company owned stores and over 8,200 employees in total across all of their divisions in England and Wales.
Blakemore Retail has announced an ambitious strategy to implement more Subway franchises in stores across its estate.
Following the great success of the division’s dual branded Subway-SPAR stores the business has embarked upon a scheme to develop this model across a larger number of stores during the current financial year.
The SUBWAY system is committed to providing a wide range of great tasting, healthier food choices while reducing their environmental footprint and creating a positive influence in the communities they serve around the world.
Position: Subway at SPAR Sandwich Artist
Location: Louth, Lincolnshire
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 16 Hours per Week, various to meet needs of business, flexible, rota basis
Salary: £Dependant on age
Benefits: Staff Discount, Staff Lottery, Company Pension Scheme, Savings Scheme, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Staff Social Fund, Life Cover, Health Cash Plan, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing date: April 28, 2017
About the role:
As the Food Service Assistant you wil assist in maximising sales and profit by carrying out allocated tasks in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of the store and staff and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- Deliver customer service in line with Service standards
- Contribute ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- Use relevant processes and policies to ensure the security of people, stock and cash
- Ensure adherence to Subway compliance standards, with particular focus on those standards relating to food safety
- Report all customer complaints to manager on duty
- Comply with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction period and training
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy).
- NVQ Level 2-3 in Retail Skills, Customer Care or similar is preferred
- NCPLH (National Certificate for Personal License Holder) is desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role and / or industry is preferred
- Some understanding of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skills to assist with those responsibilities
- Experience of using a Challenge 25 policy desirable
- Previous cash handling experience is preferred
- Flexible approach to working evenings and weekends
You may have experience of the following: Food Service Assistant, Customer Service Assistant, Supervisor, Food Retail, Team Leader, Restaurant, Sales Assistant, Sandwich Artist, People Management, Food Production, Shift Supervisor, Retail Food Assistant, Waiter, Waitress, Kitchen Assistant, Hotel, Hospitality etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.