Design Engineer .
Intersurgical is a thriving innovative medical manufacturing company and a world leader in providing plastic disposable products for the respiratory care business.
Position: Design Engineer
Location: Wokingham, Berkshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
The Design Engineer will design and develop new products and products under change control due to continuous improvement. The role involves achieving clinical and commercial input requirements and meeting timescale targets.
- Design, develop and implement into production new and continuously improved products
- Be proactive in offering design solutions that will continuously improve the existing product range
- Support / assist senior designers in the timely and cost effective completion of design and development projects
- Carry out testing and evaluation work on various components
- Utilise and support the Technical department's specialist personnel in the creation and effective implementation of new and continuous improvement projects
- Ensuring compliance to FDA / ISO 13485, and to ensure that design process and procedural requirements are maintained on assigned projects
- Provide stronger and more effective cross-functional links between Technical, Marketing / Sales, Tool Room, Quality, Manufacturing departments, and external customers / suppliers
- Support the production of Marketing and Sales promotional literature
- Ensure an efficient and effective transition from Development to User Field Trials for all respective projects
- Ensure all instructor led training is recorded via the training database
- Experience of leading and supporting teams in the timely and cost effective completion of design and development projects
- Experience within the medical device industry, MDD 93 / 42 / EEC, ISO 13485 and FDA Design Control
- Experience in providing cross-functional links between Technical, Marketing / Sales, Tool Room, Quality, Manufacturing departments, and external customers / suppliers
- Experience of UniGraphics or similar CAD software and creating 3D CAD models and 2D technical drawings
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of design for high volume injection moulding and design for manufacture and assembly is desirable
You may have experience of the following: Design Engineer, Project Management, Engineering, Engineer, Project Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Project Manager, Mechanical Engineer, Product Development, Product Manager, New Product Development etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.