HR Assistant .
Sompo Canopius writes global specialty lines (re)insurance as part of Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Holdings Inc., an A+ rated company with c.$85bn total assets and one of the top three Japanese insurers. Sompo Canopius underwrites a diversified portfolio of business from its operations at Lloyd's and around the world. It has achieved significant growth since its foundation through a mix of organic expansion and acquisition and is one of the top 10 insurers in the Lloyd’s insurance market, writing premiums in excess of £1 billion.
They currently underwrite direct engineering and construction risks from their offices in London, Singapore and Amsterdam. They employ a specialist team which enables them to take a leading role in the market, providing the required critical experience and knowledge to meet the complex needs of their targeted clients.
Position: HR Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
As a HR Assistant you will coordinate and administer all recruitment and talent and development activity across the Group.
- Act as the first point of contact for recruitment suppliers in relation to the submission and movement of candidate CV’s and interviews for direct applicants
- Coordinate all interviews by liaising with all relevant stakeholders and attending interviews where appropriate
- Ensure necessary arrangements are in place to enable candidates and recruitment related guests to enter the building
- Manage the recruitment applicant tracking system (Easyweb) and associated spreadsheets and logs of all recruitment activity
- Meet with future joiners to undertake right to work checks and collect completed forms
- Reply to all speculative emails from candidates and agencies
- Provide a weekly recruitment report and monthly vacancy data for the headcount report
- Manage the training and professional qualifications log to ensure tracking of all training and professional qualification activity
- First point of contact for employees and training suppliers in relation to L&D
- Book all CII exams for employees including the coordination of their attendance of revision days.
- With the approval of the Head of organisational development, source training courses for the business when necessary.
- Monitor and update the T&D budget spreadsheet and flag issues to the Head of organisational change and development
- Obtain feedback on all training courses
- Provide administrative support to the HRBPs to conduct training needs analysis
- Coordinate information gathered from the HRBP’s to undertake regular talent and succession planning meetings and maintain an ongoing central log of talent management activity and progress
- Full coordination of ‘Lunch and Learn’ sessions
- Ensure rooms are booked and technically prepared for training sessions
- Administrate and coordinate the HIPO programme
- Track probationary periods and liaise with line managers to ensure that mid / end probationary reviews are completed in a timely fashion
- Process all changes to terms and conditions of employment and produce relevant documentation and update departmental logs and HRIS
- Process all leavers ensuring holiday and other calculations are completed correctly and that leaving arrangements are correctly recorded on the HRIS / departmental logs
- Operate the exit survey process via survey monkey, feeding data monthly into the HR Manager MI, Systems and Benefits to enable monthly HR reporting
- Process and record HR invoices as required.
- Ensure all documentation is uploaded to Knowledge Worker (KW) and ensure new joiners folders are moved to KW and leavers are moved to correct area
- Office experience within a recruitment agency or HR team
- Good Microsoft office knowledge
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
You may have experience of the following: HR Assistant, Human Resources, CIPD, HR Administrator, Administrative Support, Human Resources Assistant, Recruitment Assistant, Employment Law, Office Administrator, Administrative Assistant, Recruitment Administrator, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.