VoiceAbility supports people who face disadvantage or discrimination to have a voice that counts. Providing advocacy and user involvement services across England, VoiceAbility is a growing organisation working with people who are vulnerable or marginalised to raise their voices and have their rights respected.
Position: Sessional Advocates
Job Type: Full Time, Contract
Salary: £21,000 - £25,700 FTE plus London weighting
Closing date: 24th April 2017
About the role:
They have a range of contracts requiring extra Advocacy support across London. Advocates must be willing to travel to where needed although preference and home location will be taken into account. Advocates must have the relevant qualifications for the roles they wish to fulfil.
Must be prepared to travel although consideration will be given to preferred areas and home locations. Travel expenses will be paid where relevant. All Advocacy roles are available – IMCA, IMHA, Care Act, RPR, Professional. All clients groups. Instructed and non instructed.
- Responsible for delivering an efficient and effective direct advocacy service, ensuring a consistently high standard in maintained and delivered in an empowering framework
- Champion the use of advocacy services and the user’s voice in all activities
- Maintain appropriate records / paperwork in support of an effective and efficient advocacy service
- Be mindful of the budget set for the provision of the service and operate within the culture of cost awareness / savings / cost control, introducing efficiencies where appropriate
- Ensure Strong Relationship Management of existing stakeholders
- Assist the Service Manager / Managing Advocate in developing new relationships and targeting specific work in support of their strategic plan
- Participate in various activities to support the winning of new work / maintaining current income streams
- Implement opportunities for innovation, which leads to improved service and performance of VoiceAbility’s objectives.
- Significant experience of working with people to ensure their rights and their voices heard
- Working with vulnerable adults and / or children
- Managing relationships
- Representing an organisation externally
- Advocacy and National Best Practice Standards
- Health and Social Care law, policy etc
- Excellent communicator
- Strong relationship builder
- Strong Time Management skills to maximise output
- Ability to “sell” the benefits of the organisation to prospective users
- Implement opportunities for innovation
- IT skills – a working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong commitment to service excellence
- IAQ, IAQ with specialisms of IMCA / IMHA
- Significant experience of Advocacy
- Previous experience in a role that requires outstanding communication skills to achieve excellent results
- Working in the Charity sector and Third Sector
- The Action for Advocacy Code of Practice
- Working within the Advocacy Code of Practice (i.e. you are clear what is and is not expected of an Advocate in your day to day work with service users)
- Ability to manage change and guide people through change
- A passion for the third sector
You may have experience of the following: Advocate, Advocator, Vulnerable Adults, Social Worker, Healthcare, Policy, Legislation, Support Worker, Charity, Third Sector etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.