Internal Communications Officer .
Derbyshire Constabulary is committed to reducing and investigating crime, protecting people and promoting law and order across the county of Derbyshire
Position: Internal Communications Officer
Location: Ripley, Derbyshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday with occasional weekend and evening working required.
Salary: £20,874 to £26,535 per annum
Closing Date: 5pm, Monday 24 April 2017
About the role:
The Internal Communications Officer will help drive internal communication both in terms of strategy and delivery. To ensure that there is a consistent voice across the force using traditional and innovative communication methods.
- Drive delivery of, and evaluate communication plans and campaigns of services, delivering on priorities
- Work to ensure messages and campaigns form part of organisational communications
- Support with effective communication plans and delivery for operational teams and corporate teams
- Write interesting and engaging copy for both online and offline communication
- Manage stakeholder relationships and partnership communications across the force
- Work alongside the Media Relations and the Digital Team to deliver internal communications
- Raise standards of communication and engagement practice across the force and ensure that quality and consistency is maintained
- Take on specific responsibility to lead and manage force-wide projects
- Lead on brand management to ensure professionalism and consistency and adherence to written and visual identity guidelines
- Support the internal communications needs of the force in the event of a major / critical incident
- Generate creative solutions to initiate and enhance communications with the workforce and to devise ways of implementing these projects in collaboration with divisional and departmental colleagues
- Relevant qualification in the areas of communication / public relations / marketing or similar or have relevant communication experience
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to produce accurate information
- Previous experience of working in a busy communications environment
- Understanding and experience of offline and online internal communication methodologies, including planning and evaluation
- Practical evidence of effective communication both verbally and by writing articles or online content
- Working knowledge of communication methods and creative campaigns.
- Good PowerPoint skills
- Able to work outside office hours as required
- Ability to drive
- Good working knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office
- Experience of video editing
You may have experience of the following: Internal Communications Officer, Internal Communications Executive, Marketing Communications Executive, Internal Comms, Communications Officer, Communications Coordinator, Marketing Communications Advisor etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.