Digital Content Executive .
Derbyshire Constabulary is committed to reducing and investigating crime, protecting people and promoting law and order across the county of Derbyshire.
Position: Digital Content & Social Officer
Location: Ripley, Derbyshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours (full time) Monday - Friday with occasional weekend and evening working required.
Salary: £23,346 to £29,307 per annum
Closing Date: 5pm, Monday 24 April 2017
About the role:
The Digital Content Executive role fits within Derbyshire Constabulary’s Digital Media Team, who have the responsibility of setting the digital communications agenda for the force. The team, part of the wider Corporate Communications section, is responsible for producing content across a wide variety of mediums for the force’s internal and external websites, as well as maintaining and administering the systems and processes behind them. In addition, the team organises, monitors and publishes to the force’s social media channels as well as providing other digital-based services to the force.
- Assist with any externally-facing content-based projects that primarily focus on the public-facing digital communications platforms
- Be jointly responsible for the proactive upkeep of the content on the force’s external website
- Closely liaise with and support the force’s Media Relations Team, ensuring that their content has maximum impact across the external digital channels using free and paid-for methods
- Take primary responsibility to monitor and publish to the force’s social media channels aligned to the social officer’s particular areas of channel ownership
- Ensure a timely and consistent response to enquiries received via social media
- The creation, editing and proofreading of content for both external and internal audiences where required
- Train editors in the technical and editorial requirements for web publishing
- Train members of the force entrusted with an official social media account to ensure they meet the high standards set
- Provide help and advice to system and account users, as and when required, via face-to-face, telephone or e-mail contact
- Collate and analyse statistical information on both site traffic and social metrics
- Identify good practice, emerging trends – particularly on social media - and streamline working methods within the team
- Be omni-competent and provide cover and overflow capacity for the Digital Content & Intranet Officer’s responsibilities, which largely covers the internally-facing digital channels
- Significant experience with developing a presence on a wide range of social channels on behalf of an organisation
- A proven ability to write interesting and relevant copy, appropriately positioned for a variety of audiences and platforms
- Demonstrable experience of relevant graphics packages, such as Photoshop or Fireworks
- Previous professional experience in using and administrating content management systems
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS, in line with current and emerging standards
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, responding to changing demands
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time-management skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- The flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends when required
- Required to have excellent keyboard skills, with experience of Microsoft Office products
- Experience with filming short videos and using video editing packages, such as Premiere Pro or Final Cut Studio
- Awareness of scripting languages.
- Experience in training in both individual and group situations.
You may have experience of the following: Digital Content Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, Copywriter, Digital Communications Executive, Marketing Graduate, Digital Marketing Assistant, Social Media, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.