Media and Communications Manager .
Derbyshire Constabulary is committed to reducing and investigating crime, protecting people and promoting law and order across the county of Derbyshire.
Position: Media and Communications Manager
Location: Ripley, Derbyshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday with occasional weekends and evenings. On call every four weeks.
Salary: £29,307 - £35,451 dependent on skills and experience plus 5% annual on call allowance.
Closing Date: 24th April 2017
About the role:
As the Media and Communications Manager, you will play a significant part in developing and implementing the Constabulary’s communications approach. You will lead and develop a team of communication professionals. You will liaise with key stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure that key messages are delivered effectively and appropriately.
- Lead, manage, inspire and develop a professional team of communication officers
- Manage relevant internal and external communications plans based on community and force requirements
- Coordinate and employ the use of a broad range of tactics including media, social media, online communication and marketing
- Develop and deliver an effective, agile, innovative and flexible approach to communicating with the public and their staff, in ways that are tailored to their needs and in line with the policing priorities
- Market the organisation in line with their values and the service provided to the public to ensure they have a good understanding of Derbyshire Constabulary and particularly the services it provides
- Continually review their media and communication activity to ensure the public and their staff are well informed about what they do and that the key messages have been received and understood
- Manage demand during major or critical incidents, particularly in respect of the media
- Ensure all relevant communication is effectively measured
- Support and deputise when required for the Head of Corporate Communications and to ensure that they are kept up to date with any significant or relevant developments
- Ensure that all force media and communication activities, and the mediums and methods used comply with agreed standards, the law and policies
- Act as an adviser at all levels within the force on matters relating to media and communication
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with key stakeholders, the media and with internal and external partners
- Work outside office hours on occasion, as required
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent relevant professional qualification, or relevant experience
- Ability to demonstrate the skills to successfully manage a multi-faceted innovative team
- Proven experience of working in a fast-paced communications team with experience of working at a local, regional and national level
- Experience of delivering successful communication campaigns
- Advanced literacy skills, e.g. composition of original reports, policies at a strategic level
- Strong social media and online content skills
- Good understanding and effective use of communication analytical data and audience segmentation
- Ability of interpreting statistics and effectively communicating them
- Good keyboard skills where accuracy is essential
- Experienced use of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to work under pressure to meet specific deadlines
- To possess a full, current driving licence and have regular access to transport
- Ability to demonstrate an awareness of current issues affecting the police service and how these relate to public perception and satisfaction issues
- Have a working knowledge of content management systems
You may have experience of the following: Media and Communications Manager, Marketing Communications Manager, Communications Manager, Marketing Manager, Communications Executive, Marcoms, Communications Coordinator, PR, Public Relations, Marketing Communications etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.