Buying Assistant .
Their mission is to be the customer’s first choice for good quality, great value Gifts, Arts, Crafts, Hobbies, Stationery, Toys and Books. The Works sell over one million products every week to consumers looking for a bargain. With over 3000 employees, they have a network of over 350 stores (and growing… fast!) and an E-store which makes the amazing value products available 24/7.
The huge range of stock accessible to customers is perfect for everyone from all walks of life. The product range is constantly changing and consists of more than 40,000 different products each year. The Works sell both big brand and own-branded products, all at discounted prices. Customers find hundreds of new lines on sale every week, meaning that they will find something new and exciting every time they visit The Works, hence the company’s motto ‘What will you discover?’
There has never been a better time to join The Works! They are extremely successful market leaders boasting year on year growth both within their stores and online. Here at The Works, they are looking for a Buying Assistant to join their central team based at their brand new Support Centre in Hams Hall, Coleshill.
Position: Buying Assistant
Location: Hams Hall, Coleshill
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £17k per annum
About the role:
This is an administrative role, supporting the Buyer with everyday tasks and building good relationships with their stores and suppliers. You will assist in providing appropriate information as required to support annual plans and importation of goods.
- Responsible for key administrative tasks
- Liaising with their suppliers for any information needed to ensure they are efficient, effective and deliver for the business
- Ensure data held within their internal systems is accurate and collate relevant information for new products
- Support the Buying Team with presentations, planning meetings, new supplier sets ups as required.
- Process invoice queries in a timely manner
- Be the point of contact for all general queries for their Stores to ensure they have the information required
- You want to develop your career within retail, specifically the Buying function
- A passion for their product
- A natural with numbers and able to demonstrate strong Excel capabilities
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy & great organisational skills
- Comfortable communicating with internal and external customers, including stores and suppliers
You may have experience of the following: Buying Assistant, Trainee Buyer, Merchandiser, Fashion Retail, Allocator, Retail Analyst, Stock Planner, Merchandising, Junior Buyer, Stock Controller, Administrator, Administrative Assistant, Administration, Buying, Buyer, Word, Excel, Retail, Office Assistant, Administrative Support, Assistant Buyer, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.