Day Support Manager .
Join our team, take on dementia
Alzheimer's Society is the UK's leading dementia charity. We provide information and support, improve care, fund research, and create lasting change for people affected by dementia.
Position: Day Support Manager
Location: Bath (role covers Bath and North East Somerset)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 35 per week
Salary: £21,740 per annum (actual)
Closing date: 27 April 2017
Interview date: To be confirmed
About the role:
As the Day Support Manager you manage the day care services for people affected with dementia in two of our day care facilities in the Bath and north East Somerset area ; providing support by helping them to improve their sense of well-being, and putting them in more control of their lives.
You be responsible for creating a positive and person centred approach to the day care facilities where our services users are able to choose and participate in a variety of activities.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
- To be responsible for care planning and conducting needs and the appropriate risk assessments determining the requirements of users and in consultation with the line manager, finding innovative ways of delivering a service that meets these requirements.
- To assess the needs, abilities and requirements of referrals and new clients and identify the most appropriate activities for them to undertake (this may can include home / hospital / off-site visits).
- To formally review and evaluate the Day Support service provision in line with internal and external standards, and initiate and implement changes where appropriate on a regular basis.
- To be responsible for the recruitment, supervision, appraisal, induction, development and performance management of staff and volunteers working within the service.
- To raise the profile of the day support and care services the Society offers through marketing and publicising activity and continually searching for opportunities to progress and expand the service.
- To keep abreast of recent advances in service user care and ensure relevant information is passed on acting as advisor to staff and volunteers within the Society. This will require attending mandatory training courses.
- To establish and maintain excellent working relationships with people with dementia and those who care for them.
Are you someone who can make things happen? Who knows how to get the best out of people? If this sounds like you we can offer you a stimulating and challenging career as part of our growing services team.
Alzheimer’s Society is committed to equal opportunities.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Social Care, Dementia, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Social Worker, Community Care, Not For Profit, Healthcare Assistant, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Voluntary Sector, Care Assistant etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.