Health and Safety Assistant .
Committed to neighbourhoods, customers, excellence…and you.
New Charter is a customer-focused, enthusiastic and growing Trust, providing safe, comfortable, secure and affordable homes for people across Tameside, Greater Manchester, Oldham and Nottingham. They’re dedicated to making a difference, creating neighbourhoods where people want to live – and an organisation where people want to work.
The New Charter Group is ranked in the 2017 Sunday Times Top 100 Best Not-For-Profit Organisations To Work For survey. They’re also rated as a 2 star ‘Outstanding’ Company to work for in the Best Companies Survey and enjoy Gold status following accreditation by Investors in People.
Position: Health and Safety Assistant
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract, Maternity Leave Cover (up to 12 months)
Hours: 36 hours per week
Salary: £18,297- £20,787 per annum dependent on experience
Benefits: You can expect generous occupational benefits and a great pension scheme
Closing date: Friday 28th April 2017 4pm
About the role:
The Health and Safety Assistant will provide a professional and responsive administrative support for Health & Safety.
- Assist with writing, implementing and reviewing H&S policies and procedures
- Assist with monitoring employees to ensure the correct procedures are being adhered too
- Respond to any Health and Safety queries from colleagues and to assist with monitoring employees
- Collate minutes during H&S meetings and produce meeting reports
- Deliver H&S Induction along with other training courses to employees
- Produce and maintain health and safety training support materials
- Administer the use of the online learning management system for internal and external learners
- Deal with purchasing and payments for health and safety related items
- Coordinate all Health and Safety training
- Manage and maintain the Health and Safety Management System
- Certificate in Health & Safety / Training or equivalent level 3 qualification
- Effective communications skills at all levels, written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships and liaise with customers
- Negotiation skills and ability to obtain bets value
- High standards of accuracy
- IT literate in word and excel
You may have experience of the following: Health and Safety Assistant, H&S Assistant, Health and Safety, H&S, Health and Safety Officer, H&S Executive, H&S Officer, Health and Safety Executive etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.