Transport Planner .
Next Distribution Limited is one of the most advanced logistics operations in Europe. From our warehouses and Regional Service Centres we send stock to Next Retail and fulfil Directory on-line orders from the UK and abroad.
Position: Senior Schedule Planner
Location: Based at Enderby but with remit across all RSC sites within NDL
Job Type: Full Time, 9-month Fixed Term Contract
About the role:
Working within the Planning department managing two Planners, you will be responsible for ensuring the daily delivery and scheduling of all lorries and vans in the most cost effective and accurate manner.
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of two Planners
- Monitor each schedules performance and make actions where needed
- Communicate schedules to management and review with the Transport teams
- Demonstrate the use and be able to train others on Paragon software scheduling
- Previous experience of Paragon scheduling system is essential, knowledge of Paragon HDX (previously HDS) is desirable
- Have experience of managing people
- Have an analytical mindset with strong attention to detail
- Strong distribution and warehousing background
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular Excel
- Hold a Full UK Driving License as travel may be required between Regional Service Centre sites
- Please note all successful applicants will be subject to criminal & credit checks in line with their Reference Policy
In order to apply for this position, you must not have had an unsuccessful application for a similar role within the last 6 months.
You may have experience of the following: Transport Planner, Fleet Manager, Logistics, Supply Chain, Transport Controller, Paragon Planner, CPC, Customer Service, Transport Supervisor, Fleet Management, Scheduling, Planning etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.