User Experience Designer .
If your career plans involve making a real difference to people’s lives, the UK’s leading debt charity may be just the place you’re looking for. Following a highly successful rebrand in 2012 and several years of sustained growth, our charity is now embarking on a major transformation programme with digital activities at its heart.
Position: User Experience Designer / Developer
Location: Leeds city centre
Job Type: Full Time, 2 year Contract
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Salary: £28k - £30k per annum
Closing Date: 23rd April 2017
About the role:
Reporting into the User Experience and Design Manager, we have a new position with user experience at its core to support the transformation, offered initially as a 2-year contract.
- We are building a team that encompasses a range of skills to help turn the charity’s strategy into digital experiences that clients, partners and charity colleagues will find straightforward and compelling
What you will do as part of the UX and design team
- As part of a small team including design and front-end development, you’ll help translate the charity’s strategy and its key external and internal initiatives into practical UX / design opportunities and activities
- You’ll also be involved with user research and usability, working on existing issues and investigating new challenges
- Working as a designer for front end experiences in multi-disciplinary project teams
- Researching user experience issues and interaction with end-users
- Supporting the content team, designing and developing their website and digital portfolio, and delivering designs that meet web standards
- Contributing to the development and continual enhancement of products and online applications
- Helping to foster a culture of good, consistent user experience throughout the charity
- Communicating credibly with a wide range of people and leaders - being able to explain design decisions with evidence
- They are open to applications from candidates that might have a range of these skills and experience to form part of a multi-skilled project team
- Expertise in web and mobile design, including interaction design
- Solid experience of web and mobile application interface design. Core skills: sketching, design production, rapid prototyping
- Front end development skills
- Experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment
- The ability to quickly communicate ideas and experiences through mood boards or rough layout sketches
- Demonstrable visual design skills
- A good understanding of usability testing
- Experience of user research methodologies
- You are comfortable working within a diverse project team
- You are curious and seek to solve problems in new and innovative ways
- You keep up to date with industry trends
- You can manage your own workload, and self-start
- You can adapt readily to a changing environment
- You are a user champion through and through
- And perhaps most of all, you want to put your hard-earned skills to work in making a meaningful difference to millions of people struggling with problem debt
- Please include a CV and portfolio of previous work
You may have experience of the following: Web Marketing, UX, User Experience, Conversion, Web Design, A/B Test, Web Analytics, Conversion Rate Optimisation Specialist, UX and Conversion Rate Optimisation Strategist etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.