Assistant Store Manager / Assistant Retail Manager .
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK under the SPAR fascia with over 600 independent retailers plus over 300 company owned stores and over 8,200 employees in total across all of their divisions in England and Wales.
It's through their 'putting people first' philosophy, that they are able to successfully lead, compete and operate within the fast paced Convenience Retail Market.
Position: Assistant Store Manager
Location: Bethesda, Gwynedd
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, 2 earlies, 2 mids, 1 late shift pattern
Salary:£16,500 - £17,500 pa + bonus, dependent on experience
Benefits: Bonus Scheme potential of up to £2,600pa, Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing date: May 12, 2017
About the role:
To assist in maximising sales and profit by contributing to the continuous improvement of the store and staff, control of costs and leakage and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- Deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
- Be fully aware of KRA’s and assist in working to deliver and improve them
- Generate ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- Assist in monitoring competitor activity
- Assist in developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- Assist in ensuring training is delivered as scheduled
- Use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
- Assist with the control of costs in accordance with agreed budgets
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act
- May be required to work evenings and weekends
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Good standard of (numeracy and literacy)
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder) - must have or be prepared to undertake this qualification
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs
- NVQ level 2-3 in retail skills, customer care (or similar)
- Previous junior supervisory experience in a food retail environment (or similar)
- An understanding of budgets & targets and the ability to assist in working to deliver and improve them
- Some understanding of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment
- Some experience of team development and business development.
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of using a Challenge 25 policy
- Previous cash handling experience
- Experience in a customer facing role
You may have experience of the following: Assistant Manager, Retail, Convenience, FMCG, Grocery Manager, Supermarket, Food, Retail Management, Business Development, Food Service, Convenience Store, Store Manager, Retail Manager, Deputy Manager, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.