Lead Data Engineer .
At Innovative Technology we’re a global market leader in the design and manufacture of cash validation devices and processing services. We’ve over 350 employees at 10 locations across five continents, with over 150 based in their state-of-the-art head office at the Innovative Business Park in Oldham, Manchester.
We strive to be the best at what we do and are proud of our track record of innovation and growth, so it’s great to be recognised for our achievements and success. Recent accolades include The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade, The Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and being listed in the London Stock Exchange 1000 companies to inspire Britain.
You’ll find us on the edge of the Pennines and less than half an hour from central Manchester, with great local amenities and transport links on our doorstep. On-site we’ve modern, open-plan offices, which along with our friendly and hardworking culture should help you feel right at home.
Position: Lead Data Engineer
Location: Oldham, Manchester
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Flexible working hours, between 7am-7pm (7am-4pm on Fridays)
Salary: £Highly-competitive and negotiable, depending on experience
Benefits: Flexible working hours; Option to finish at midday on Fridays; 32 days holiday, including Bank Holidays; Earn up to an extra 13 days holiday per annum; Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from us; Educational Sponsorships available; Private Healthcare Scheme; Two paid breaks per day, with free premium hot drinks, fruit and pool table; Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Schemes; Working from home available; Informal dress code; Free onsite secure parking, modern gym, staff car workshop and an active social calendar.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Lead Data Engineer to lead and facilitate our Data Collection and Currency File creation team and function. This is a pivotal role in a key business area, which will help shape and develop the way in which Innovative Technology collates and utilises data from our devices across the globe.
The successful applicant will liaise with key stakeholders across multiple departments, to ensure we have the right resources allocated to specific internal and external requirements, whilst implementing new processes and procedures to keep our cash validator accuracy at the forefront of industry standards.
This role would ideally suit a proven Data Engineer from a complex, data-driven environment, who is looking to utilise and develop their skills further in a global, market leading company. The autonomy and influence this opportunity will offer will ensure this remains a unique, varied and multifaceted role.
- Lead and facilitate our Data Collection and Currency File creation function, as well as identifying requirements and allocating resources, across all products and currencies.
- Devise and implement best practice to create an efficient process for the generation of high quality currency datasets for use with ITL products.
- Be a key figure in the relationship between Customer Support and Datasets, to ensure technical customer issues are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
- Work closely with various departments to further develop strategies and simulations of commercially available counterfeiting techniques.
- Supporting continuous improvement of all functionality, with departmental physical tests and data collection.
- Using knowledge of statistical techniques and IT systems, specify a robust toolkit of software to efficiently process and create currency files, and generate diagnostics for in the field problem solving.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Proven project management skills in a busy, data-driven environment.
- A proactive people person, with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly-analytical, with the ability to multitask and prioritise, to achieve long- and short-term objectives.
- An analytical and systematic approach to problem solving essential.
- Experience with multivariate statistics, computational science, machine learning or data mining desirable.
- Experience with Matlab, Python, C or C++ is desirable.
You may have experience of the following: Data Engineer, SQL Server, Database Administrator, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services, C# Programming, Git, TFS, XML, etc.
Innovative Technology are an equal opportunities employer.