Office Manager .
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £31.8 billion and more than 140,000 clients. Their award winning products include Small Self-Administered Schemes (SSAS), Self Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP), ISAs and Dealing Accounts. They have their head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London and a stock broking office in Tunbridge Wells.
Position: Office Manager
Location: Old Trafford, Manchester
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.45am – 5.15pm
Salary: Circa. £40k dependent on experience
Benefits: Bonus, matched pension contribution, DIS
About the role:
EQ4 is AJ Bell’s main UK office and is the home to more than 450 employees. It is a hub for adviser and customer visits. The Office Manager has overall responsibility for managing the secretarial support for senior management, reception and facilities services for EQ4. The job-holder must ensure delivery of highly professional, customer-focussed and efficient service on a daily basis, through an effective, motivated and high performing team. The Office Manager will develop, implement and continually improve operational and facilities standards to ensure EQ4 is recognised as their flagship office.
- Manage the reception, ensuring visitors and dealt with effectively and professionally, also ensuring visitor refreshments and meeting rooms are prepared
- Ensure the main switchboard is appropriately manned at all times and that all calls are handled professionally
- Manage the secretarial support team to provide executive support, ensuring the team have prepared effectively for meetings
- Manage the central email enquiries inboxes and faxes
- Provide additional administration support as required for other departments
- Ensure all general maintenance requirements are logged and actioned, agreed in line with budgets
- Manage the cleaning contract; meet regularly with 3rd party supplier
- Manage the 7th floor catering through the agreed 3rd party relationship, including the canteen and bar areas
- Place stationery orders and conduct daily / weekly refreshment and stock replenishment orders. Receive deliveries from suppliers
- Stock taking / inventory management / stock loss monitoring (non IT)
- Carry out H&S regulatory requirements and reporting. Write, implement and complete risk assessments
- Lead the team of first aiders and ensure legal requirements are met for the workplace. Ensure training and re-training is completed.
- Lead the team of fire marshals; ensure training is provided and marshals understand their responsibilities. Plan and carry out periodic fire evacuations in agreement with building management
- Office supplies (non IT) contract management
- Raising POs and approving invoices
- Management experience and / or qualification
- Health and Safety Qualification e.g. NEBOSH
- National Licensee’s Certificate (not essential)
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Risk Management
- First Aiding
- Hospitality management, food and beverage
- Stock and supplier management
- Budget management
At AJ Bell, you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, they have a great sense of pride in what they do and this is reflected in their strong guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year which are open to all employees.
You may have experience of the following: Office Manager, Senior Administrator, Customer Service, Office Supervisor, Team Manager, Administration Manager, PA, Senior PA, Financial Processes, Timesheets, Invoices, Reporting, Human Resources, Reception, Office Management, Secretarial, Invoicing, Sales Ledger, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.