Business Development Manager .
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK with a turnover of £1.2 billion and over 8,200 employees in total across all of their divisions in England and Wales.
With a turnover of £340 million, Blakemore Wholesale is the third largest company of its kind in the UK market and the largest member of the Landmark Wholesale group. The division operates 14 cash & carry sites across England and Wales and has more than 400 retail club store members. Blakemore Wholesale also runs a national food distribution service which serves delivered customers across the UK via an 84,000 sq ft distribution depot at Apex II in Great Bridge, West Midlands. The division employs 700 people.
It's through their 'putting people first' philosophy that they are able to successfully lead, compete and operate within the fast paced Wholesale and Retail Market.
Position: Catering / On Trade Business Development Manager
Location: Cardiff, South Glamorgan
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 Hours per Week, Various to meet needs of business, including evenings and weekends
Benefits: Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Private Health Insurance, Company Pension Scheme, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Life Cover, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Company Vehicle commensurate with job role.
Closing date: April 30, 2017
About the role:
As a Business Development Manager you will canvass new business and protect existing business, develop sales and protect profit margins. An external link for their internal sales staff.
- Provide sales representation within a designated area, representing the company in a correct, positive manner
- Achieve sales & income targets set by the Sales Controller Catering and On Trade
- Provide detailed sales reports when requested
- Attend exhibitions and trade shows when requested
- Resolve issues to the satisfaction of their customers
- Comply with Health and Safety responsibilities as defined at Level 4 of the company Health and Safety Policy arrangements and / or as applicable to the nature of your role / people management responsibilities
- Protect and enhance sales margins
- Could be required to stay away from home overnight or attend evening events on behalf of the business
- Driving Licence
- Numeracy and Literacy
- Basic IT literacy
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Previous experience in a sales role essential
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Experience of managing key accounts essential
- Basic knowledge of telesales, depot & transport processes
- The ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively with colleagues
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Challenges appropriately and identifies areas for improvement
- Ability to deal with conflict in an effective and professional manner
You may have experience of the following: Franchise Recruitment Manager, Business Development Executive, Field Sales Executive, Wholesale Account Manager, Food Retail, Business Development Manager, B2B, Retail Category Manager, Franchise Sales, Account Manager, Territory Sales Executive, Regional Sales Executive, Retail Area Manager, National Account Manager, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.