Junior Software Developer .
Our Client recognises that they’re not just there to secure the best fares, the most innovative itineraries, the slickest online tools or the most experienced consultants. They’re there as an extension of their clients’ own organisations – their out of house travel department.
They achieve this because of the depths they go to in understanding our clients, their culture, their brand values and business objectives. Only then can they deliver on a higher level with their trademark emphasis on the personal touch. Only then can they really get to work on delivering remarkable savings on policy, time and cost.
They are characterised by personalisation and exceptional service delivery to their clients and have an entrepreneurial approach with a desire to be the best independent travel management company in the industry.
Position: Junior Developer / IT Support
Location: Amersham, Buckinghamshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: £20K - £27K per annum
About the role:
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, you will be assisting in the numerous and varied IT projects being undertaken by the company which will involve researching, design, coding, debugging, process implementation and testing of operational applications and process workflows. You will also be responsible for providing general IT application support to staff where necessary for example, with system failures and occasional IT problems etc.
As a Junior Software Developer you will assist the CTO to develop and implement systems to ensure they are utilising best in class technology within the company for all business processes and procedures. Aiding in design, coding, upgrading, testing and documentation of any implemented processes and in house built technology.
- Assist in the development of in-house created software systems including Quality Control, Client Facing systems, Business processes and Online Web services
- Data transfer and quality management
- Reporting tool management
- Analysis and quality control rule building and testing
- Researching and evaluating third party systems that could aid the business
- Managing third party systems once implemented
- Qualification in Computer Science or Software Development preferable
- Good grades in Science and Maths A-Levels
- Able to demonstrate good knowledge and experience of computer coding, problem solving and project completion
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of databases and network management
- Proficient MS Office user specifically Access and Excel
- Knowledge of Office and Windows
- Ability to translate technical jargon for the lay person
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of XML and Rest data transfer formats and protocols (desirable)
Strictly no agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.