Electronic Design Engineer (Continuous Improvement Team) .
At Innovative Technology we’re a global market leader in the design and manufacture of cash validation devices and processing services. We’ve over 350 employees at 10 locations across five continents, with over 150 based in their state-of-the-art head office at the Innovative Business Park in Oldham, Manchester.
We strive to be the best at what we do and are proud of our track record of innovation and growth, so it’s great to be recognised for our achievements and success. Recent accolades include The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade, The Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and being listed in the London Stock Exchange 1000 companies to inspire Britain.
You’ll find us on the edge of the Pennines and less than half an hour from central Manchester, with great local amenities and transport links on our doorstep. On-site we’ve modern, open-plan offices, which along with our friendly and hardworking culture should help you feel right at home.
Position: Electronic Design Engineer (Continuous Improvement Team)
Location: Oldham, Manchester
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Flexible working hours, between 7am-7pm (7am-4pm on Fridays)
Salary: £Highly-competitive and negotiable, depending on experience
Benefits: Flexible working hours; Option to finish at midday on Fridays; 32 days holiday, including Bank Holidays; Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from us; Educational Sponsorships available; Private Healthcare Scheme; Two paid breaks per day, with free premium hot drinks, fruit and pool table; Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Schemes; Working from home available; Informal dress code; Free onsite secure parking, modern gym, staff car workshop and an active social calendar.
We’re currently looking for an additional Electronic Design Engineer to join our new multi-disciplined Continuous Improvement Team. In this exciting and varied role, you’ll have the opportunity to utilise your extensive knowledge and practical skills, whilst working on leading edge cash handling technology.
The successful applicant will engage with a host of different product improvement areas including implementing new features, root cause analysis of reliability issues, value engineering and design for manufacture. Responsibility will span from initial concept through to rapid prototyping and initial testing of solutions to ensure our devices stay at the forefront of industry quality and security standards.
This role would be best suited to a recent graduate, with some commercial experience, or someone who’s taken a vocational route in to engineering, who’s looking to build on their skills in a market leading, cutting edge environment. If you’re looking for autonomy in a results based role, which also gives you the chance to accelerate your professional development, this will be the role for you.
- As part of a focussed team of engineers you’ll be involved in improving the design quality of our extensive portfolio of products, from design concepts and prototyping to final implementation.
- You’ll play a key role in multiple projects at any given time, across our range of coin and note handing devices.
- Using Electronic CAD (PADS, CADSTAR) you will be responsible for circuit design, simulation, schematic capture, PCB layout and creating manufacturing data for suppliers.
- You’ll be hands on building prototype units, testing, reliability testing and fault finding.
- You will play a role in qualifying alternative components in order to cost reduce electronic assemblies.
- You’ll work closely with various teams across the business, including our New Product Development, Customer Support and Production Engineering departments.
- Degree or HND in Electronic, Electrical, Embedded, or Systems Engineering, or a vocational equivalent.
Your Skills & Experience:
- A genuine, long established passion for design and engineering, which may be evidenced in personal projects and / or club participation.
- Some commercial experience is a must, although opportunity for development will be a key part of the role.
- Experience in Digital, Analog and Optoelectronic Circuit Design and simulation.
- Experience using ECAD tools, experience with Mentor Graphics PADS is preferred.
- Experience of coding in C and Assembler is preferred.
- Proven analytical, creative and practical approach to solving problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
You may have experience of the following: Electronic Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Production Engineering, New Product Development, Product Management, Product Development, Project Manager etc.
Innovative Technology are an equal opportunities employer.