Principal Design Engineer
Principal Design Engineer (Continuous Improvement)
At Innovative Technology we’re a global market leader in the design and manufacture of cash validation devices and processing services. We’ve over 350 employees at 10 locations across five continents, with over 150 based in their state-of-the-art head office at the Innovative Business Park in Oldham, Manchester.
We strive to be the best at what we do and are proud of our track record of innovation and growth, so it’s great to be recognised for our achievements and success. Recent accolades include The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade, The Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and being listed in the London Stock Exchange 1000 companies to inspire Britain.
You’ll find us on the edge of the Pennines and less than half an hour from central Manchester, with great local amenities and transport links on our doorstep. On-site we’ve modern, open-plan offices, which along with our friendly and hardworking culture should help you feel right at home.
Position: Principal Design Engineer
Location: Oldham, Manchester
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Flexible working hours, between 7am-7pm (7am-4pm on Fridays)
Salary: £Highly-competitive and negotiable, depending on experience
Benefits: Flexible working hours; Option to finish at midday on Fridays; 32 days holiday, including Bank Holidays; Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from us; Educational Sponsorships available; Private Healthcare Scheme; Two paid breaks per day, with free premium hot drinks, fruit and pool table; Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Schemes; Working from home available; Informal dress code; Free onsite secure parking, modern gym, staff car workshop and an active social calendar.
We’ve a brand new opportunity for a Principal Design Engineer to play a key role in their rapidly expanding Research & Development department at Innovative Technology. As we further strengthen our position in the marketplace you’ll ensure that our existing products and processes remain at the forefront of technological innovation.
The role will lead our Continuous Improvement function, with a new team of up to 10 software, mechanical and electrical engineers. Following leads from internal and external customers your team will identify the root cause of identified and reported issues, before evaluating and resolving them, as efficiently as possible.
This exciting opportunity would suit someone from a hands-on technical background, who has moved in to an autonomous senior, team leader or management role, where quality improvement and problem solving is the primary focus of their varied, multi-disciplined responsibilities.
- Lead the line on design, project management and delivery for continuous improvement, ranging through customer, production and design reliability issues.
- Identify the root cause of product and production issues, from observation and feedback
- Make recommendations on how to improve products and services, whilst identifying efficiencies, reducing costs and improving reliability
- Analyse and improve internal development and production processes, as well as software bugs and simple feature requests
Your skills and experience:
- Experience leading a team of multi-disciplined engineers
- Design, production and / or manufacturing background
- Excellent investigatory and problem solving abilities
- Strong stakeholder management, influencing and relationship building skills
- Proven track record of completing engineering tasks to an exemplary standard
- Electro-mechanical systems experience preferred
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject, is preferred
You may have experience of the following: Principal Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Project Management, Engineering, Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Manager, Product Development, Product Manager, New Product Development etc.
Innovative Technology are an equal opportunities employer.