Operations Manager .
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK with a turnover of £1.2 billion and over 8,200 employees in total across all of their divisions in England and Wales.
With a turnover of £340 million, Blakemore Wholesale is the third largest company of its kind in the UK market and the largest member of the Landmark Wholesale group. The division operates 14 cash & carry sites across England and Wales and has more than 400 retail club store members. Blakemore Wholesale also runs a national food distribution service which serves delivered customers across the UK via an 84,000 sq ft distribution depot at Apex II in Great Bridge, West Midlands. The division employs 700 people.
It's through their 'putting people first' philosophy that they are able to successfully lead, compete and operate within the fast paced Wholesale and Retail Market.
Position: Operations Manager
Location: Stairfoot, Barnsley, Yorkshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 Hours per Week, Various shift patterns
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing date: April 28, 2017
About the role:
As an Operations Manager you will operate an efficient and profitable delivered goods, goods receipt and merchandising operation throughout the depot, in order to provide a high-quality service to the customer, whilst working within the constraints of company policy and relevant legal requirements.
- The recruitment, training, discipline, development and deployment of staff
- Provision of adequate levels of supervision, guidance, communication and opportunities for staff involvement
- Adherence to / review of operational systems and procedures ensuring legal compliance and adherence to company policy with particular reference to food safety, health and safety, security, the environment and employment law
- Maintaining high standards of customer service throughout all areas of responsibility
- The control of stock and order processes, goods receipt operations, merchandising operations and forklift truck operations
- Managing stocktaking / checking operations
- Working within the constraints of agreed sales and cost budgets
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Ability to motivate and develop staff
- Experience managing costs and resources
- Direct sector experience
- Managing / interpreting business reports and data
You may have experience of the following: Operations Manager, Distribution, Warehousing, Warehouse Manager, FLT, Supply Chain, Warehouse Management, Stock Control, Team Leader, Operations Manager, Warehouse Supervisor, Logistics, H&S, Health and Safety etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.