Legal Secretary – Family Law .
Crombie Wilkinson is one of North Yorkshire’s largest and most long-established firms. First established in the 1800s and in its current form in 1991, the firm now comprises of around 100 staff including 10 Directors and 45 Legal Advisors. With offices in York, Selby and Malton, they are uniquely placed to serve the region with a comprehensive and high-quality legal service and they place much importance on their local knowledge, as well as their speedy and personal service and their down to earth approach.
They are an ambitious firm, with high standards of client care. They are also passionate about developing their people and they are both Lexcel and Investors in People accredited.
Position: Legal Secretary
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 21 hours per week
Salary: £Competitive dependent on experiences
Benefits: 25 days holiday a year and a company pension. They provide a fully supportive background to your Continuous Professional Development within a friendly team environment. The firm is in a superb location in the heart of beautiful York and offers a great work / life balance.
Closing Date: 8th May 2017
About the role:
They’re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Legal Secretary to join their Family team based at their York office. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious candidate to develop their career in a growing firm with genuine long term opportunities for development.
Their busy Family department focuses on matrimonial law as well as working on cases involving domestic violence. The work also covers cohabitation agreements, separation, divorce and pre-nuptial agreements.
The role will provide a high level of support to the Fee Earners and will assist in the provision of an efficient, personal and professional service at all times.
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audio and copy typing as well as amending and formatting complex documents.
- Attending clients both in person and over the phone and provide assistance in a professional and friendly manner.
- Take messages, book meetings and appointments and maintaining an up to date diary for Fee Earners.
- Administering files as well as opening files on case management system and their day to day maintenance – making best use of Proclaim to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Providing support to other secretaries and Fee Earners when necessary.
At Crombie Wilkinson, they put great emphasis on their values. Their values underpin their strategy and they want to ensure that their every member of the team embraces them to further their ambitions for their business, their people and our clients.
You will be searching for a role where you can build on your expertise, continuously learn and improve and take your career to the next level.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Previous experience working in a similar role, ideally with experience in the area of Family law.
- Experience in audio and copy typing.
- Experience of use of IT systems; digital dictation, case management, MS Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work with initiative and minimum supervision.
- ‘Can Do’ and flexible approach and team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both face to face and over the phone.
- Integrity to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
You may have experience of the following: Legal Secretary, Family Law, Legal Administrator, Legal Officer, Paralegal, Legal Secretariat, Legal Executive etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.