Penguin Random House UK applies its passion for publishing the best books with an enormous wealth of experience, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit. Publishing more than 3,500 new titles a year, Penguin Random House UK boasts a show-stopping portfolio of authors and brands. With extraordinary shared resource, Penguin Random House UK is able to provide the very best service for its authors, customers, readers and colleagues at a truly exciting and innovative time for publishing
Job Type: Full Time, initially be on a 6 month fixed-term contract.
About the role:
As an Administrator you will be responsible for providing full PA support to the Head of Application Management, as well as a wide range of administrative support to the Technology Community Working Group, ensuring the timely, high-quality and effective delivery of these functions.
- Responsible for managing complex diaries with the purpose of managing time effectively between several sites.
- Organising a high volume of internal meetings and external meetings
- Fielding calls and taking messages
- Coordination of regular 121 meetings for Head of Application Management and their direct reports
- Ability to format and produce PowerPoint presentations.
- Responsible for coding invoices and raising purchase orders
- Pulling together of agenda items and distributing ahead of meetings
- Booking travel and accommodation for UK and overseas trips where required
- Meet and greet guests and ensure their visit is reported to the relevant reception
- Keeping records of team holidays and ensuring they are noted in diaries
- Process and support on-boarding of new members of the team
- Attendance at meetings, forums and workshops to record minutes and take actions, which would then be distributed in a timely manner
- Tracking and follow-up of from various meetings, forums and workshops and reporting to relevant individuals on progress
- Various ad hoc duties
- Pass grades in GCSE English and Maths
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Previous experience working as a PA to a senior manager
- Dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Working in a fast paced environment
- Strong personal organisation, excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- The ability to multitask and handle competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- A Level English or equivalent
- Secretarial or Administrative qualifications
- Typing at or above 60 words per minute
- Knowledge of the publishing industry or strong interest in books
You may have experience of the following: Administration Assistant, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Office Administrator, Customer Service, Office Assistant, Data Entry Clerk, Data Entry Assistant, Administrative Assistant etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.