Quantity Surveyor .
NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, we have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of our workforce and strong design and technical capacity. Our values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything we do.
Position: Quantity Surveyor
Location: London, Angel
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
NG Bailey are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to be based in London on one of our large commercial projects.
The role of Quantity Surveyor is to provide commercial support including assisting in developing commercial strategy for specific project’s by maintaining and maximising the profitability of the project’s, through timely requests for payment, minimising of cost including sub-contractor, agreement of variations, securing of payments at the appropriate time and accurate reporting.
- Understanding and negotiation of contract terms for projects and specific risks this may place upon NG Bailey, prior to any agreement of contract / amendments and ensuring these are commercially mitigated during duration of the project
- Advise and implement the appropriate procedures in line with the contractual obligations throughout the project in order to mitigate and protect from risk. Presents to operational teams the risks and T’s & C’s
- Production of cash flows and ensure payments are administered in line with the contract ensuring protection to the business
- Ensure appropriate subcontract documentation is produced and issued in line with company procedures and manage subcontract accounts in accordance with the subcontract through to settlement
- Ensuring that the internal reports of the projects are accurate in respect of costs incurred, projection of costs to spend, contingency and liabilities, sales declared and consequently profit declared. Able to present clear reports
- In accordance with the delegated authorities matrix and consultation with appropriate operational management, prepare on a progressive basis and settle project account with Client at a level that does not negatively impact internally declared sales and settle Subcontractors accounts within internally declared allowances
- Previous experience within a Quantity Surveyor role within an M&E / Mechanical / Electrical / Services environment
- Experience of high cost project
You may have experience of the following: Quantity Surveyor, Surveying, Construction, Project Management, Quantity Surveyor, Mechanical, Electrical, RICS, Project Manager, Quantity Surveying, Risk Management, QS, M&E, Building Services, CDM, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.