IT Manager .
ATD Travel Services is the UK's leading retailer of attraction tickets, experiences and holidays and is proud to be the number 1 ticket retailer for Disney, Universal Orlando and SeaWorld.
They use all their knowledge, passion and experience of travel to launch, operate and market brands which sell attractions, worldwide experiences and holidays.
Position: IT Manager
Location: Clapham, London
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £27,000 - £31,000 per annum
About the role:
This role would suit an experienced IT Engineer who is looking to take the step to IT Manger. You will be taking responsibility for the 1st and 2nd line IT support across a wide variety of systems and ensuring correct policies and procedures are in place. It will require management of the internal infrastructure and advising on new technologies then managing the configuration and implementation.
ATD is a rapidly growing company and has now reached the position where it needs an IT Manager with relevant experience to take ownership and progress the internal IT function in line with standard best practice.
- Primarily responsible for managing the Helpdesk portal (Spiceworks) driving customer issues through to resolution
- Maintaining tight IT security procedures such as backups, antivirus, critical updates, etc
- Documenting, testing and communicating a full DR plan
- Providing 1st & 2nd line technical support via telephone, remote access and on-site
- Liaising with third party suppliers and technical support to resolve internal IT issues
- Assisting with deployment and maintenance of systems
- Proactively monitor and maintain the ATD network
- Purchasing and asset management of IT hardware and licenses
- Act as an on-call engineer for their Home Workers outside of normal business hours for ‘business critical’ support
- Work with internal departments to design the right technical solutions for future deployment
- Oversee any office facilities that require technical understanding (alarming, access software etc.)
- Take lead role in setting out technology policies and practices across the group, and advising on their effective implementation e.g. file back-up methods, security protocols, software licensing, user do’s and don’ts, etc
- Managing secure process for remote user access via VPN
- New projects advice and planning
To succeed in this role, you will have experience of:
- Spiceworks or similar helpdesk system
- Microsoft Server including AD, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, etc
- Windows and MacOS desktop configuration
- Windows deployment services
- Email administration
- Configuration and administration of third party systems (Groove, LastPass, Olark, Adobe CC, etc.)
- Microsoft 365
- Telephone system administration
- Cloud based systems and architecture
- Documentation (Confluence)
- IP & Network experience including VLANS and SIP trunks
In addition you will have:
- Microsoft certification
- Excellent communication skills both in spoken and written.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and colleagues.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.