Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical & Electrical) .
Zotefoams PLC is a world leader in cellular material technology. Zotefoams produces an unparalleled range of closed cell, crosslinked, polyolefin foams using a unique, environmentally friendly, high-pressure nitrogen gas solution process. The company produces lightweight foams in Croydon (UK) and Kentucky (US) that are used widely in many applications including aircraft, the automotive industry and leading sportswear brands.
Position: Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Location: Croydon, London
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 07:45 – 16:15 Mon-Thurs, 07:45 – 13:35 Fri.
Salary: £32,100 plus overtime, maintenance bonus and share purchase scheme
Closing date: 1st May 2017
About the role:
They are seeking a Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical & Electrical) to work within their Maintenance Department at their main UK bespoke manufacturing facility.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the post holder will be responsible for maintaining industrial plastic foam manufacturing plant comprising steam boilers, thermal oil heaters, high pressure compressors, extrusion equipment, pressure vessels and associated process equipment.
Providing maintenance expertise, you will be responsible for the maintenance of plant and associated equipment ensuring that it is available to meet production requirements whilst minimising machinery downtime. You will carry out planned, preventative and routine electro mechanical maintenance and fault finding, recording the results and taking action in the case of defective plant equipment to ensure safe operation at all times.
Through continuous improvement, you will support the move from a "repair culture" to an "improvement culture”.
- Provide proactive support to the plant and equipment to maximise production output
- Responds directly or, to requests for repairs and maintenance from Manager or Team Leaders, either verbally or from the written record of production problems
- Inspects the plant regularly and notes and corrects deficiencies, and reports important problems to Maintenance Manager. Take off line defective plant that in your opinion is unfit for service
- Provide detailed reports for all work completed within the computerised maintenance management system, EAM
- Contributes as a team member to the maintenance department. Complete planned and corrective maintenance to ensure equipment safety and reliability
- Informs the Shift Manager when plant taken out of use for maintenance is fit to be returned to production
- Undertakes project work directed by Maintenance Manager. Taking a leading role in on-going process improvement throughout the factor developing new ideas and better solutions
- Proactive and dynamic approach to health, safety and environmental situations
- Holding a Mechanical or Electrical qualification, nationally recognised level of competence Level 3 or above
- Industrial / practical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work alone using initiative as well as working in a team
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and requirements
- Experienced in Electrical / Mechanical fault finding
- Analytical, problem solving and IT skills
- Literacy and numerical ability
- Experienced in problem analysis and continuous improvement
- Understanding and knowledge of SCADA systems / Automated Systems
You may have experience of the following: Maintenance Technician, Plant Equipment, Electrical Engineer, Multi Skilled, Repairs, Industrial Electrician, Maintenance Engineer, SCADA, PPM, Planned Preventative Maintenance, Plant Technician, Corrective Maintenance, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.