Commercial Manager .
NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, we have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of our workforce and strong design and technical capacity. Our values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything we do.
Position: Commercial Manager
Location: London, Angel
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Benefits: Competitive including a range of flexible benefits in addition to Car, Private Medical, Pension, 25 days Holiday.
About the role:
Reporting to the IT Services Commercial Director will be part of the Commercial Team providing support to the IT Services Business. Main activity will be as a member of the Ministry of Defence Business Unit Senior Management Team. Role includes advising senior management on the commercial risk elements of contracts, supporting the application for additional services and resolving commercial issues with clients and suppliers. Have constant awareness of business costs and work with finance manager in consolidating and submitting monthly management accounts, support Business Plan updates and contribute to business unit and contract reviews.
- Formulate, in conjunction with the Managed Services SLT a commercial plan specifically identifying the activities necessary to protect the company and enhance the profitability. Be responsible for the commercial performance of contracts in order that they successfully achieve company, division and team objectives
- Working with Finance Manager ensure that contract costs are monitored, controlled and reviewed against agreed budgets, and that cost information is accurately reported regularly in a clear and concise format.
- Complete all monthly reviews in line with the business procedures to ensure that the operations leadership has full knowledge of the commercial status of contracts. Advise and assist in the preparation and agreement of applications. This may include providing hands-on assistance in the measurement and valuation of work where further experience is required
- Advise the NG Bailey ITS Commercial Director of the risk associated with the contracts
- Ensure contract documentation complies with company policy in all areas e.g. insurances, bonds and warranties. Manage and carry out monthly commercial project reviews and analyse internal reports which are presented
- Formulate in conjunction with the operational teams, the commercial plan specific to each contract identifying the measures necessary to protect the company and improve the profitability of contracts
- Ensure the standardised implementation of commercial practices and procedures throughout contracts which are in line with internal procedures and maintain the necessary records to support their contractual entitlement and ensure that they recover that entitlement
- Build and maintain high level mutually beneficial customer relationships. Where appropriate develop, and manage key supplier / vendor commercial relationships
- Liaise with the contract teams, and be actively involved in the management of the on-going financial aspects and the securing of all subcontracts, ensuring that subcontract terms and conditions reflect obligations undertaken by NGB
- Direct and advise on all matters of dispute resolution within your business area
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience within a Services business or Facilities Management contractor
- BSc Building Services or similar
- IOSH Managing Safely
- CDM Awareness
You may have experience of the following: Commercial Manager, Contract Manager, Risk Management, Pre-Qualification, Health and Safety, Quantity Surveying, RICS, Tenders, Bids, Business Development, Contract Management, PQQ, Negotiation, Commercial Risk, NEC, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.