Contracts Manager (Painting Contracts) .
Bagnalls is a highly-regarded, family-owned, painting contractor, established in 1875, with 16 branches across the UK. This role is based in their Leicester office. They are committed to the long-term development of their staff and are proud that the management team have clocked up an average length of service of 24 years. They were awarded the title of “Supreme Champion 2016” by Family Business United, out of hundreds of family businesses throughout the UK. Four of their seven Executive Board members started as Management Trainees with Bagnalls.
Position: Painting Surveyor / Estimator / Contracts Manager
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £Competitive dependent on skills, experience
Benefits: involve a competitive basic salary, company car and performance-related bonus.
Closing Date: 26th April 2017
About the role:
An experienced Contracts Manager will join their small team in Leicester to be responsible for pricing, securing and managing painting contracts. This exciting opportunity offers the chance to be involved in all aspects of managing painting and decorating contracts from initial enquiry through to completion and final account agreement.
- Surveying properties or structures for painting work, producing an accurate site measure
- Assessing painting projects, estimating the cost, labour resources, materials and time for completion
- Putting together well-presented, competitive tender packages for painting work between £1,000 and £500,000
- Developing relationships with new and existing customers, making sure that all customers receive an excellent service
- Producing risk assessments and method statements for contracts, and ensuring health and safety procedures are adhered to throughout projects
- Managing the contract from start to finish, ensuring that productivity targets and agreed quality standards are met
- Managing project costs within budget to deliver planned financial result on completion
- Managing site-based operatives
- Previous experience of pricing commercial painting projects
- Experience of winning painting contracts through competitive tendering
- Previous experience of managing painting contracts from beginning to end, including managing site-based painters
- Strong skills in financial analysis and commercial awareness
- Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously and independently
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with clients
- Strong IT skills
- Full driving licence
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience of managing measured term painting contracts for higher and further education establishments or local authorities
- Experience of managing multi-trade contracts
You may have experience of the following: Painting Contracts Manager, Foreman, Tender Management, Contracts Supervisor, Surveyor, Surveying, Commercial Contracts Manager, Property Maintenance, Business Development, Estimator, Estimating, Account Executive, Bid Manager, Surveying, RICS, Commercial Manager etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.