Post Office Manager .
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK under the SPAR fascia with over 600 independent retailers plus over 300 company owned stores and over 8,200 employees in total across all of their divisions in England and Wales.
It's through their 'putting people first' philosophy, that they are able to successfully lead, compete and operate within the fast paced Convenience Retail Market.
Position: Post Office Manager
Location: New Romney, Kent
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Saturday
Benefits: Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing date: April 28, 2017
About the role:
You will maximise sales and profit through the continuous improvement of the offices and staff, control of costs and losses and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- Deliver customer service in line with POL Agency Minimum Service standards
- Be fully aware of KRA’s and work to deliver and improve them
- Generate ideas for driving the office and its team forward
- Develop a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- Staff recruitment, planning and training
- Use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- Ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and health and safety responsibilities
- The control of costs in accordance with agreed budgets
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same
Essential Skills / Experiences:
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Previous experience at a supervisory or managerial level in a financial service, customer facing role
- Ability to ensure scheduled training and development delivered to required standard
- An understanding of budgets and targets
- Basic knowledge of health and safety and legislative responsibilities of a financial services / retail environment
Desirable Skills / Experiences:
- NVQ level 3 in management and / or customer service
- Previous budget responsibility
- Proven track record of team and business development
You may have experience of the following: Cashier, Retail Manager, Post Office, Financial Services, Bank Teller, Customer Service Adviser, Insurance Sales, Head Cashier, Branch Manager, Mortgage Adviser, Financial Adviser, Post Officer Supervisor, Mortgage Administrator, Assistant Manager, Front of House, Cashier Supervisor. etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.