Bodyshop Technician .
Solus is one of the largest body repair groups in the country, employing over 600 people across 20 UK locations and have repaired over 500,000 vehicles in the last 15 years. As part of the wider Aviva family, they are looking to bring fresh thinking and motivated individuals into their business. They work in a fast moving and rewarding environment, where they challenge traditional methods to make them stand apart from their competitors, making decisions based on data and delivering their customer promise.
Position: MET Technician / MET Fitter (Body Repairs Centre)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £12-£15 per hour
About the role:
They have an exciting new opportunity for an Bodyshop Technician to join their Stansted site. The role involves removing and refitting parts to ensure body repairs are to a very high standard and to contribute to the overall production process. Working in partnership with Estimators, production team and the site Production Manager.
- Dismantle and rebuild vehicles as instructed by Estimate or Job card, or special instructions from the Production Manager
- Report unseen damage absent from the Estimate as soon as it is identified
- Assess tool and equipment requirements, and to report damaged or faulty equipment immediately
- Make written and verbal reports on service and repair activity to the workshop controller in order to obtain authorisation
- Complete all administrative procedures (including warranty) relating to service and repair work
- Attend meetings and training programmes as and when required
- Assist with development and training of other technicians
- Carry out other duties as required
- Working knowledge and experience of vehicle mechanical and suspension repairs
- LCV experience desirable
- Relevant mechanical and suspension qualifications
- Senior ATA MET accreditation desirable
- Working knowledge of H&S responsibilities
- Manufacturer experience desirable
- Steering Geometry alignment and adjustment
- Glazing, minor panel repairs.
- Preparation and priming of a new / repaired panel to first masking stage
- Air Conditioning system evacuation and recharge
- Working with Fibreglass
You may have experience of the following: Bodyshop Technician, Mechanical Technician, Vehicle Technician, ATA, Body Repairs, MET Technician, Panel Beater. Repairs, Vehicle Mechanic, Vehicle Mechanical Technician, MET Fitter, Bodyshop Vehicle Technician, Automotive, Automotive Mechanic, Mechanic, Vehicle Mechanic, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.