Warehouse Supervisor .
Heron Foods are a family owned food retailer based in the East Riding of Yorkshire dedicated to bringing their customers the very best value in frozen chilled and grocery products. The first store opened in Hull in 1979 and they now operate from over 235 stores, trading throughout the North of England and the Midlands.
Position: Warehouse Supervisor
Location: Melton, East Yorkshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week on rotating shifts; working 5 x 8 hour shifts, 6-2pm, 2-10pm & 10pm - 6am over 7 days with every other weekend off.
Salary: £26,600 per annum
Closing date: 29-04-2017
About the role:
The Warehouse Supervisor will assist the Operations Manager to achieve and ensure that resources are in place to meet the main objective of delivering stock to all stores and maximising business productivity. You will be responsible for on average up to 50 staff per shift, this may vary due to recruitment factors / sickness and holidays. There will also be responsibility to oversee up to 40 delivery drivers leaving the Store Support Centre per shift, to meet delivery KPI’s.
- Ensure vehicles are loaded safely and correctly ready for delivery
- Ensuring drivers are fully briefed on their delivery runs for that day
- Continue with the day operation, ensuring stock is picked ready for loading
- Planning weekly staff rotas
- Management of pick figures looking at variances and KPI’s for staff members and highlighting any concerns
- Manage stock levels to ensure 100% availability reaches their stores in the correct date rotation
- Ensure employees are regularly briefed, supervised, trained and appraised
- Ensuring the quality objectives and delivery deadlines are met
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation / Fire Marshall / Accident forms
- Monitor and action cleaning schedule
- Complete Investigations and conduct personal searches as required
- Disciplinary / Return to work / Welfare meetings / Recruitment to a high professional standard
- Report damages and site defects
- TMS management (Bespoke package) to record / monitor attendance / sickness and holidays etc.
- Cover for the Operations Manager and Involvement in continuous improvement projects
- Strong management skills, able to efficiently organise a large team
- Experience in a busy warehouse operation environment essential
- Must be able to motivate a workforce and encourage strong teamwork
- Proficient experience within Microsoft applications and databases
- Practically minded / Flexible / Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
You may have experience of the following: Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Operative, Logistics Team Leader, Logistics Supervisor, Distribution Team Leader, Depot Supervisor, Distribution Supervisor, Depot Team Leader etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.