Reliability Test Engineer .
At Innovative Technology we’re a global market leader in the design and manufacture of cash validation devices and processing services. We’ve over 350 employees at 10 locations across five continents, with over 150 based in their state-of-the-art head office at the Innovative Business Park in Oldham, Manchester.
We strive to be the best at what we do and are proud of our track record of innovation and growth, so it’s great to be recognised for our achievements and success. Recent accolades include The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade, The Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and being listed in the London Stock Exchange 1000 companies to inspire Britain.
You’ll find us on the edge of the Pennines and less than half an hour from central Manchester, with great local amenities and transport links on our doorstep. On-site we’ve modern, open-plan offices, which along with our friendly and hardworking culture should help you feel right at home.
Position: Reliability Test Engineer
Location: Oldham, Manchester
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 39 hours per week, Flexible working hours, between 7am-7pm (7am-4pm on Fridays)
Salary: £Highly-competitive and negotiable, depending on experience
Benefits: Flexible working hours; Option to finish at midday on Fridays; 32 days holiday, including Bank Holidays; Earn up to an extra 13 days holiday per annum; Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from us; Educational Sponsorships available; Private Healthcare Scheme; Two paid breaks per day, with free premium hot drinks, fruit and pool table; Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Schemes; Working from home available; Informal dress code; Free onsite secure parking, modern gym, staff car workshop and an active social calendar.
We’re currently looking for an additional Reliability Test Engineer to join our expanding team, in this continuous period of growth. In this key role you’ll work alongside an established team of Reliability Test Engineers, within the wider multi-disciplined engineering team. You will test reliability and performance of our market leading cash validators and printing devices against pre-defined specifications, ahead of them being approved for market. Our complex range of configurations and real world applications, along with the continuous improvement of process and techniques ensures the ongoing breadth and depth of this challenging role.
- As part of a wider team of engineers you’ll test the reliability and performance of our existing and updated cash processing and printing devices, before and after they go to market
- Utilising your methodical and highly-organised approach to work you’ll utilise bespoke methods and programmes, against stringent spec documentation, to ensure our products meet the market leading standards we expect
- Create and maintain accurate and up to date reports, using Excel and bespoke internal software programmes
- Develop new procedures for bench testing, whilst supporting the creation of fully automated testing
- Use your newly found expertise to supervise and coach others to perform reliability testing
- Level 3 or Level 4 in Electrical, Electronic or Electro-mechanical Engineering, or a vocational equivalent, is highly required
Your Skills & Experience:
- Proven commercial experience in a similar engineering or technician role
- Writing reports and presenting your findings to others
- Proven analytical, creative and practical approach to solving problems, with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
You may have experience of the following: Test Engineer, Software Test Lead, Software Test Engineer, Software Test Developer, Test Developer, Senior Test Engineer, Senior Test Developer, Software Engineer, Web Engineer, Applications Engineer, Apps Engineer, App Engineer, Computer Engineer etc.
Innovative Technology are an equal opportunities employer.