Store Manager / Retail Manager .
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK under the SPAR fascia with over 600 independent retailers plus over 300 company owned stores and over 8,200 employees in total across all of their divisions in England and Wales.
It's through their 'putting people first' philosophy, that they are able to successfully lead, compete and operate within the fast paced Convenience Retail Market.
Position: Store Manager / Retail Manager
Location: Chesterfield Area
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, various shift patterns including evening and weekends
Benefits: Bonus Scheme potential of up to £5,200 pa, Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities, Health Cash Plan.
Closing date: April 23, 2017
To maximise sales and profit through the continuous improvement of the store and staff, control of costs and leakage and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- Deliver customer service in line with company service standards
- Be fully aware of Key Result Areas and assist in working to deliver and improve them
- Generate ideas for driving the business and its team forward
- Monitor competitor activity and propose appropriate responses
- Develop a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- Staff recruitment, planning and training
- To use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- To ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
- The control of costs in accordance with agreed budgets
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy)
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder) - must have or be prepared to undertake this qualification
- Previous experience at a supervisory or managerial level in a food retail environment (or similar) essential
- Ability to ensure scheduled training and development delivered to required standard is essential
- An understanding of budgets and targets and the ability to work to deliver and improve them essential
- Basic knowledge of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skill to manage those responsibilities essential
- Previous budget responsibility is preferred
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Flexible approach to working hours
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- NVQ Level 3 in Management (or equivalent) is desirable
- A proven track record of team and business development is desirable
- Experience of managing a Challenge 25 policy is desirable
You may have experience of the following: Retail Manager, Retail, Convenience, FMCG, Grocery Manager, Supermarket, Food, Retail Management, Business Development, Food Service, Convenience Store, Store Manager, Retail Manager, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.