Head of Finance .
Food Utopia is a business that has taken over the formerly known Company Solway Foods in Corby. We have a wealth of experience, a proven track record of success working alongside major retailers in the UK and deliver the best customer service in the industry.
If you are looking for an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career you could join a great team of like minded people who come to work every day to make a difference and share in our core values of being Creative, Passionate and Exceptional. We are an ambitious business with solid growth plan which will provide great development opportunities and progression within our business.
Position: Head of Finance
Location: Corby, Northamptonshire (commutable from Northampton, Kettering, Wellingborough, Oakham, Stamford, Peterborough, Leicester and surrounding areas)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £60k - £70k per annum
Benefits include: Up to 10K package including Car Allowance, Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Life Cover plus more
About the role:
The Head of Finance will be responsible for the Company Finance function, and for providing and developing a full system of financial control, insight and forecasting to the Managing Director, Management Team and Corporate finance functions. You will report into the Managing Director and cover two sites, based at our Corby site.
- Financial partnering with the Managing Director and SMT Team colleagues to drive and deliver all financial company strategic objectives.
- Involvement in the strategic planning for the company, supporting the functional and wider company development of an already high performance, collaborative culture, and leading initiatives to further improve a successful business.
- Responsible the Finance function, and will be responsible for providing and developing a full system of financial control, insight and forecasting to the Managing Director, Management Team, external stakeholders and Corporate finance functions.
- Manage the finance team to ensure that all information is provided in a clear, timely and accurate manner to support and influence decision making and satisfy corporate reporting requirements.
- Hands-on approach in all areas of accounts from weekly/monthly accounts, costings, through to strategic budgeting and forecasting, variance analysis.
- Lead on capital projects and capital appraisals, including payback analysis where appropriate.
- Support and lead on projects such as; the route to market assessments, business restructurings, efficiency reviews, product/profitability analysis, ROI, system improvements and risk control assessments
- Fully qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience
- FMCG and chilled experience
- Proven experience in FP&A, budgeting, forecasting, and management accounting in a commercial environment
- Advanced excel skills
- Proven track record of operating as Senior Management
- Ability to interact and influence senior stakeholders
- Experience managing a team
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- MRP/ERP experience
You may have experience of the following: Head of Finance, Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Qualified Accountant, Director of Finance, Accountant, Finance Director, Commercial Accountant, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, Chilled Goods etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.