Placement Consultant .
The Skills Company is the largest work-based learning provider in Greater Manchester and one of the largest providers of Apprenticeships in the North West. They also provide further education courses for young people and adults.
Position: Placement Consultant
Location: Rochdale, Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £22k per annum
Benefits: 25 - 30 days annual leave per year plus a Holiday Trading scheme; Self invested pension scheme; Health Insurance; Childcare Vouchers; Travel Loans; ongoing Company offers and discounts via their bespoke reward gateway portal.
About the role:
As a Placement Consultant you will be building strong relationships with local employers to secure work experience placements and vacancies (including Apprenticeships) for 16-18 year old young people. You will provide one-to-one and group support to learners prior to interview with employers and conduct briefing sessions to inform learners of job opportunities within the local area. You will deliver a comprehensive and high quality work placement service and support learner and Trainee recruitment targets.
- Create and continually refresh an extensive caseload of businesses that will enable work placement opportunities
- Generation of volunteering opportunities / activities of community benefit that are engaging for 16-18 year old learners
- Proactively carry out sales activity including cold calling, telesales and structured e-marketing and digital campaigns
- Carry out a professional and high quality employer and candidate resourcing service
- Ensure Work Placements are high quality and meet H&S, E&D and safeguarding requirements
- Identify all student needs with regards to Work Placement and progression routes and provide effective solutions, accurately planning, tracking and recording progress
- Carry out timely progress reviews and provide interventions or resolutions to barriers to progression
- Agree and set targets with students to ensure learning and performance targets are met and exceeded
- Achieve outstanding progression rates from work placements to jobs and apprenticeships
- Constructively attend meetings, careers fairs, events and other promotional or sales activities
- Deliver employability related modules to prepare students for placement
- Update company MI systems as required to log employer and student interactions
- Health and Safety Qualification
- Knowledge/experience of Ofsted Common Inspection Framework and applicable criteria used for work experience
- Significant experience in learner or employer engagement
- Previous experience of Quality Systems
- Ability to deliver convincing sales presentations
- Proven organisation, project management and tracking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- IT skills, e.g. use of Microsoft Office suite (word, excel, power point and outlook)
- Current full UK Driving License and access to a car
- Level 2 Maths & English
You may have experience of the following: Placement Consultant, Apprenticeships, Recruitment Consultant, Sales, Employer Engagement, Business Development, Recruitment, SFA, EFA, Fair Train, Training, Account Manager, New Business, Recruitment Sales, Client Relationship Management, Work Experience Coordinator, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.