Senior Linux Systems Administrator .
Property Software Group is the UK`s leading and largest software supplier to property professionals, and is part of ZPG Property Services with core brands including Zoopla, PrimeLocation and uSwitch. With two of the leading cloud-based software products on the market: Jupix and Alto, Property Software Group have been experts in building innovative property software for over 25-years, and continue to set the standards. With well-known brands including Vebra, CFP and Encore, together with ground-breaking software brands Jupix, Alto, MoveIT and My Property File, Property Software Group continue to deliver stand-out features to support the ongoing growth of property agents.
This is a great opportunity for a Linux Systems Administrator who is looking for a role where they will be able to really influence the systems and tools used within the company. You will be managing large-scale web application and SaaS platforms. You will be working in a cloud environment with AWS, Rackspace and Google Cloud technologies.
Position: Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Location: Banbury (with remote working)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
The Infrastructure team is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, & energetic individual capable of thriving in a fast paced, fast growth environment as a Senior Linux Systems Administrator. You will be working within a small team providing engineering and support across a multitude of technologies including, in addition to this you will support cloud infrastructure platforms as well as internal IT systems.
- Maintain and develop their On-Premise and Cloud Server Infrastructure
- Manage their production platform infrastructure, including their public websites and databases systems
- Assist in the ongoing proactive and reactive system maintenance and management
- Provide support to developers and the development infrastructure
- Identify ways to improve system scalability, performance and reliability of platforms
- Be responsible for backup, disaster recovery, security, and monitoring procedures
- Keep up to date with new technologies and analyse their possible use within their platforms
- Carryout occasion work during unsociable hours when maintaining systems, deploying new servers or responding to any issues that occur out of hours
- Document system design and procedures ensuring documentation and procedures are always up to date
- Participating in the IT on-call rota
- Providing accurate estimates for effort required to complete work assignments
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Significant Linux Sys Admin skills with 3rd line support experience
- Well-rounded knowledge of Virtualisation, Cloud based systems and SaaS
- Excellent Linux skills, and experience with operating systems such as Red Hat, Centos, Fedora, Ubuntu etc
- Experience configuring NGINX, Apache, NFS, NTP, Git, Postfix, OpenSSL, HA Proxy, LVM, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques in delivering solutions
- In addition to the above technical skills, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills
- Effectively manage own workload and work under pressure
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience administering MySQL or MariaDB environments is an advantage
- Good experience supporting websites using the LAMP stack
- Experience working with developers in a devops environment
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
- Experience with version control systems e.g. Subversion / Git and experience using build servers e.g. Teamcity, Jenkins
- Experience managing projects from beginning to end
- Understanding of core networking concepts like network design, firewalls, Reverse Proxies, TCP / IP, HTTPS, Routing, DNS, VPNs, NAT etc
- Experience with the following technologies: DNS, Nagios, MySQL, MeriaDB, Bash, Shell, PHP, Python, HA configuration, Ansible, CHEF, Puppet, Logstash and Elastic Search, Nginx, PHP and HA Proxy
You may have experience of the following: Senior Linux Systems Administrator, Virtualisation, 3rd Line Support, 3rd Line Desktop Support, Red Hat, Centos, Fedora, Ubuntu, NGINX, Apache, NFS, NTP, Git, Postfix, OpenSSL, HA Proxy, LVM, Redis, RabbitMQ, SQL, Project Management, Project Assistant, DNS, Nagios, MySQL, MeriaDB, Bash, Shell, PHP, Python, HA Configuration, Ansible, CHEF, Puppet, Logstash, Elastic Search, Nginx, PHP, HA Proxy, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.