Travel Consultant .
Travel Republic is one of the largest and most well-established online travel agents in Europe and have been successfully helping people book their hotels, flights and other travel arrangements. Their commitment to exceptional value for money, extensive range and solid-gold customer service has established them as one of the most visited travel agent websites. They have received the Best Hotel Booking Website, Best Online / Call Centre Travel Agent and Best Travel Retailer for Customer Service at the British Travel Awards 2015 as well as Best Agent Website award from Travolution three years in a row.
Position: GDS Operations Executive
Location: Kingston upon Thames, London
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Closing Date: Tuesday 14 March 2017
About the role:
They are now recruiting a Travel Consultant, based in Kingston upon Thames. You will be required to undertake duties across the GDS team to deliver timely and accurate responses to our clients and airlines. Duties will range from dealing with failed bookings, ticketing and reissue, post confirmation change / cancellation enquiries, pre-departure / post departure flight changes done by the airlines, any change request by clients whilst they are in resort.
You will be required to work a shift pattern that will encompass evening work, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Interrogate GDS system to manually book failed travel request’s at the best cost advantage
- Deal with any reissue due to involuntary changes
- Deal with any reissues due to Voluntary changes and accurately report MCOs / MPDs on in house system
- Handle and resolve issues and complaints raised by the customer in a timely and professional manner – thereby retaining custom and preventing cancellations
- Develop close contact with their GDS partners and airlines to leverage the best possible outcome for their customers and company
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure that the customer’s query etc. is resolved within agreed timescales
- Escalate issues impacting service delivery to line management
- Familiarise yourself with any procedural updates etc. at the start of your shift though checking the wallboard / whiteboard
- Undertake ad hoc administrative duties reasonably assigned to you by your Line Manager
- Travel experience and GDS knowledge
- Galileo and Amadeus knowledge are considered advantageous
- Education to GCSE standard is a minimum requirement with minimum grade ‘C’ in both Maths and English
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Knowledge of administrative procedures obtained through working in an office environment
- Knowledge of a European language is desirable
You may have experience of the following: GDS, Operations Executive, Administration, Customer Service, Customer Support, Administration Assistant, Administrator, Travel Sales Consultant, Operations Administrator, Travel Advisor, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.