Standards Publishing Programme Manager
Help shape what excellence looks like.
Are you interested in an exciting career in standards development that brings real value to business and society?
Could you engage with global stakeholders to help them decide what excellence looks like? And grow a portfolio of products at the forefront of best practice?
As the global business standards company with 58 offices worldwide, BSI helps over 70,000 clients embed habits of excellence so they perform better, manage their risks more effectively and achieve sustainable growth. We’ve been shaping standards for more than 100 years. We currently participate in over 7,000 standards projects worldwide, working with committees of experts, government bodies, trade associations and consumer groups to capture best practice and structure the knowledge all organisations need to succeed.
Position: Programme Manager
Location: Chiswick, London
Job Type: Full time, permanent
About the role:
A role has become available for a Programme Manager to help stakeholders shape standards, track developments across industry and identify opportunities in the market. A talented, client-focused team of Programme Managers help those teams of stakeholders shape what excellence looks like, they track developments across industry and identify opportunities in the market.
Each Programme Manager is responsible for project managing, developing and publishing a portfolio of national and international standards. It’s a diverse, rewarding and challenging job.
- Working inclusively with stakeholders, you’ll lead and facilitate the knowledge creation process, striving to balance market needs, user requirements and government policy, and facilitating consensus
- Research wider industry trends, maintain up-to-date knowledge of external market needs, and track the challenges for your sector
- Identify strategic gaps and engage with key industry and internal stakeholders, and apply what you learn to maintain and develop the excellence of your portfolio
- Forecast accurate delivery of standards, manage time and resources allocated to each stakeholder group, and offer support by providing guidance and advice
- Project manage standards to publication, ‘own’ your portfolio, track progress and intervene as necessary to keep standards on schedule, track revenue performance and work with colleagues to ensure targets are reached
- Write and present new ideas for standards products, working with sales, marketing and other departments as necessary
The ideal candidate will be proactive, results-oriented problem solver with a can-do attitude. You will have an ability to remain calm under pressure, manage many competing demands and have strong negotiating skills. A background working in or with the steel industry would be an advantage.
You’ll be working closely with key stakeholders and experts in their field so excellent communication, facilitation and relationship skills are essential. You must be able to engage and influence key stakeholders, build and maintain trust and present with confidence in meetings.
You should also have a good track record of managing multiple and sometimes complex projects, as well as excellent planning and organisational skills. The ability to assimilate information quickly, be commercially aware and have a keen eye for detail are also important.
What we offer:
We’re offering a competitive salary, 27 days annual leave, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits.
We also provide a range of development opportunities to ensure that you get the best out of your career with us. Plus, as we’re situated just above Gunnersbury Tube station it makes for a really easy commute, or you can use the free on-site parking if you’d prefer to drive.
You may have experience of the following: Programme Manager, Project Manager, Industry Standards, ISO Standards, Quality Standards, Technical Writer, Steel Industry, Manufacturing Industry, Business Standards, Project Coordinator etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.