SQL Database Administrator .
Johnson Matthey is a FTSE 100 speciality chemicals company. Founded almost 200 years ago we are a leader in sustainable technologies. Over 90% of our sales come from products that have sustainability benefits and improve the quality of life for people all over the world. We were voted Britain’s most admired chemicals company in 2016.
Position: SQL DBA
Location: Royston - UK flexible
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
It is an exciting time to join Business Information Services (BIS): we have embarked upon a ground-breaking programme of work to ensure that our IT capabilities are not only able to support and integrate updated technologies, but can also offer insight into future IT tools that could provide us with a competitive edge and improved operating efficiencies.
As we continue to build our new Technical Services Management team, we are looking to recruit an SQL Database Administrator who will be accountable for the performance, integrity and security of the SQL databases at JM and responsible for the organisation, planning and development of database capacity that serves both JMs current and future needs.
- Responsible for ensuring availability, capacity and performance of the databases that support JM systems
- Ensure that the associated hardware capacity allocated to database provision is sufficient, has a high level of resilience design and that it is operating at the optimal performance level
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to the Management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management
- Responsible for the management of the databases, including change requests and troubleshooting incidents.
- Ensure that documentation is maintained and kept up to date in line with JM standards and policies
- Ensure there are appropriate disaster recovery and backup procedures in place and these are tested regularly
- Significant experience of in-depth SQL database administration
- Experience of Oracle and DB2 database technology
- Experience of working in a multi-server, multi-site environment
- Practical experience of monitoring and tuning databases to provide a high availability service
- Working with databases in both physical and virtual environments
- MCSA SQL or MCSE Data Platform (preferred) qualification
- Experience working within the manufacturing or chemicals sector
You may have experience of the following: SQL Database Administrator, SQL DBA, SQL Associate, SQL, Database Administration, Database Engineer, Database Infrastructure, SQL Database Developer, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.