Finance Assistant .
Super Camps are the UK’s number one for childcare during the school holidays operating nationwide at over 70 venues. Reporting to the Financial Controller, and as part of a friendly and supportive Head Office wider team, the Finance Assistant is responsible for a range of financial duties, for both Head Office and the company’s camp staff.
Position: Finance Assistant
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
About the role:
- Maintenance of the purchase ledger; processing invoices ensuring that the correct levels of purchase approval have been obtained, processing payment runs and dealing with queries from suppliers
- Reconciliation of main bank account, meeting month end deadlines
- Management of fixed asset registers, preparation of month end depreciation journals
- Maintenance of petty cash and reconciliation of the petty cash account
- Preparation of month end journals and assistance with month end process within the month end deadlines
- Preparation of month end expenditure reports for budget holders
- Reconciliation of sales debtor nominal ledger account
- Monthly reconciliation of other delegated nominal ledger accounts
- Preparation of payroll for camp staff (paid weekly during holiday seasons), ensuring compliance with HMRC requirements and dealing with payroll queries from employees, with support from the Financial Controller
- Deputising for Financial Controller in their absence
- A recognised qualification in financial management (e.g. AAT or qualified by experience - not necessarily a fully qualified accountant)
- Proven accounting experience in an organisation of similar size with minimal supervision
- Confident in completion of month end processes and balance sheet reconciliations
- Thorough knowledge of management accounting procedures
- Good level of computer literacy including financial packages and MS Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- AAT qualified, part qualified in ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent
- Hands-on operation of Sage 50 Accounts
- Knowledge of payroll processing through recent experience
Super Camps is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and an expectation of this role is to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and two satisfactory references.
You may have experience of the following: Finance Assistant, Accounting Assistant, Accounting, Accountancy, Book-keeper, Accounts Assistant, Sage, Excel, Accounts Payable, Financial Administrator, Accounts Receivable, Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, ACA, CIMA, AAT, ACCA, Finance Administrator etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.