Group Quality Assurance Manager .
NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, we have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of our workforce and strong design and technical capacity. Our values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything we do.
Position: Group Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Based in Leeds, with potential to share across another NG Bailey office location if appropriate
About the role:
We are currently looking to recruit a Group Quality Assurance Manager to develop, implement and maintain an “industry leading” and ISO 9001 accredited Group Quality management system. Within this role you will support the Group SHEQ Director in providing pro-active leadership for all NGB Group / Divisions on all Quality issues and promoting an enthusiastic and positive commitment and approach to continuous improvement of our overall Quality performance. This role will ideally be based in Leeds however other locations will be considered.
Providing professional leadership, liaison and support between all NG Bailey Divisions and Clients, you will raise the profile of NG Bailey Quality Assurance / Control activity and ensure that competent personnel and Sub-Contractors are deployed by Group / Divisions to deliver services and projects.
You will provide expert opinion / knowledge in respect of Quality Assurance / Control requirements, Industry Leading Best Practice and recognised standards, and ensure that these requirements in respect of the NG Bailey activities / services are not compromised.
Key responsibilities within this position will include:
- Supporting and guideing Group & Divisional Directors, Managers, Supervisors, Employee’s in the execution of their Environmental Policy duties and respond to requests for assistance on any Quality Assurance / Control matters that may being causing a concern to any Division or project teams.
- Periodically visiting Divisional work locations to assessAsses, review and inspect level of compliance with NGB accredited ISO 9001 Quality Management System and exercise the necessary authority to order work to stop to prevent Quality Assurance / Control incidents or breaches.
- Supporting the Divisional Management teams, ensuring that planned pro-active and unplanned reactive inspections of all workplaces, offices and any other associated work locations are undertaken to ensure compliance with the Company Quality Assurance, / Control Policy and/ Procedures. by making consistent, appropriate and timely recommendations to both directly employed and procured Supply Chain members that will correct and / or improve the overall Quality Assurance / Control performance.
- Liaising with Divisional SLT’s, Clients & Principal Contractors as necessary. to ensure that the highest standards of Quality Assurance / Control in the workplace are being effectively manged, monitored and maintained.
- Continuously monitoring and reporting on Group / Divisional Quality Assurance / Control performance and particularly review any Quality Assurance / Control incidents, damage and 'near miss' reports ensuring that appropriate levels of investigations are carried out as required and that all necessary Learning & Corrective actions needed to prevent a similar future occurrence is captured / communicated / understood and actioned in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensureing Group / Divisional compliance with ISO 9001 Management system, through application of company processes and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Also sSupport and validate any external audits and / or necessary accreditation schemes needed for Group or Divisional needs e.g. CHAS / Achilles etc.
- Supporting the Group SHEQ Director in producing accurate and timely reports. Quality Assurance reports (Monthly, Quarterly and Annually) to communicate overall Group and Divisional Quality performance for Board / GOE / Divisional SLT / Regional / Account Specific Contracts / Projects / SHEQ Team Meetings / General Quality Briefings and Management Reviews.
- Support the Group SHEQ Director to ensure that the SHEQ Dept. Llead and support with the development of processes and solutions to operational and / or industry / specific Quality problems / concerns.
- Manageing and supporting the preparation and issue of Quality Assurance / Control Communications e.g. Alerts / Bulletins / Circulars etc.
- Supportting and assisting HR Learning & Development with the production / review and application of a Group wide Quality Training Matrix.
- Supporting work winning bid teams in bid submissions and completion of focused bespoke customer pre-qualification questionnaires to satisfy their requirements and ensuring that relevant and up-to date Quality Assurance / Control information is provided and contextually correct.
- Supporting and assisting the SHEQ Director with the monitoring / review of the Group / Divisional Supply Chain’s Quality performance to ensure it offers value and supports the delivery of Group / Divisional Strategic Quality Objectives as well asand aannual Quality Assurance / Control Targets.
To be successful in this role you will be qualified to Diploma or Degree Standard and you will also possess an Internal Auditor Qualification. Essential to this role is a thorough knowledge of Quality Assurance ‘Best Practice’ and / or recognised standards. With knowledge and implementation of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001) you will possess excellent report writing, IT, communication and interpersonal skills along with experience of managing teams and supporting divisions. Experience working within a related industry and sectors would be advantageous.
You may have experience of the following: Quality Control, ISO 9001, QC, Reporting, QA, Quality Assurance, Process Implementation, QC Manager, Management System, Process Improvement, Quality Control Manager etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.